Sunday, 11 March 2012

The Wonders of the Universe... and Skype.

Just got off Skype with my Grandad. It was... an experience to remember, I suppose. :P The first ten minutes was spent wondering when my camera was going to actually work, with Skype being completely unhelpful as to what I should do about it. Grandad was fine. Just talking away (still on the phone, though I could hear him through the computer) and trying to fix my Skype. Don't get me wrong, it's sweet of him, but usually I'm the one telling him what to do with technology. I must be getting old.

Anyway, after turning Skype off and on again (the traditional method of fixing computers) it worked, and I could see Grandad, and he could see me. Nanny also came by to say Hello. I don't think she thought I could hear her. XD

Grandad then wanted to speak to Mum,so I had to take Laptop around the house, saying hello to family members, and eventually found Mum on the toilet. Grandad and I waited, talking about... something... and Mum came out to say Hello. It was brilliant.

Saying Goodbye was hilarious. It took at least five "George, I'm going now!" to get him off of the call. Nanny still hovering, terrified of the computer.

I also need to Skype Tori, as I interrupted her hard work to see if my camera worked. Which it did. :/



Also, and readers, a comment would be nice. Slightly disheartening. I know I don't write about much interesting stuff, but you know... It'd be nice.

1 comment:

  1. aww your grandad is so cute :) and yes that seems to be a very typical approach that old ones take to technology. Good job for trying though! XD

    ReplyDelete