Instead of working now, I'm just writing blogs and watching Sibelius being extremely slow. For those who know nothing of the computer programme Sibelius, it basically helps musical geniuses like Gabriel compose masterpieces and people like me to be able to pretend they can write a duet for their own instrument. Looking at Gabe's piece and feel shameful that the largest amount of instruments I 'composed' for is about four. Gabriel must have at least over ten. :P I also know for a fact that in my second piece anyone who'd dare try and play the thing is going to have an angry percussionist on the Timpani. A 58-bar wait before about four bars of playing two notes rapidly. Nasty.
Kat's popped of to town to see Lori, I think. Not sure if that was her plan, most of what Kat says I ignore ;) Ah, Gabriel's Minuet and Trio, a D.C. Al Fine is a marvelous thing, I have to say. Doubled the piece length, surely. Genius.
I admire that he made so much work for himself, it looks a lovely piece. You know when you look at scores and some just seem hideous - a mass of black dots coursing rapidly up and down the most awkward scales - this one looks lovely. Gabriel's pieces have remained a mystery throughout our two years doing the I.B., it's nice to see the finished product of his many nights of no sleep, all composing. :) Ah, and there he goes again.
Kat and myself in the library. Doing music work. Obviously ;)
Would post the sneaky picture of Gabriel composing, but I fear he'd be cross. :P

No comments:
Post a Comment