And then later we were peking on iTunes for The Prince of Egypt Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer, Ben and I were so into it it's not even funny. I love the brass section in it. If we were able to transform into a musical instrument, I'd be a Tuba. It's so hench. Though I o love the cello... (¬.¬) Ben and I were singing along, it was so fun, and I sang the Hebrew bit in When You Believe. It was awesome, I know all the words now :3 I obviously listen to it too much.
A-shir-ra la-do-nai ki ga-oh ga-oh (I will sing to the Lord for he has triumphed gloriously)
A-shir-ra la-do-nai ki ga-oh ga-oh
(I will sing to the Lord for he has triumphed gloriously)
Mi-cha-mo-cha ba-elim adonai
(Who is like You, oh Lord, among the celestial)
Mi-ka-mo-cha ne-dar-ba-ko-desh
(Who is like You, majestic in holiness)
Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha am zu ga-al-ta
(In Your Love, You lead the people You redeemed)
Na-chi-tah v'-chas-d'-cha am zu ga-al-ta
(In Your Love, You lead the people You redeemed)
A-shi-ra, a-shi-ra, A-shi-ra.......
There you go Ben, now you can sing too. My favourite line is Mi-cha-mo-cha ba-elim adonai. Not for any specific reason, I just love the sound. The harsh, phlegmy noises of mi-cha-mo-cha, it's like a rough "h". As if you were Spanish, saying "mi hija" really quickly: "m'ija". And ba-elim is just so... It just sounds so Hebrew! I know that's quite... well, not very accurate, or educated, but that's what my mind associates it with ;) I just love it. Ben agrees with this.
So far this week, Best Day Ever. :3 xx
No comments:
Post a Comment