Last night, my sister told me: "It's depressing, isn't it? Because once we die, we'll be forgotten." Yes, Heli, that is depressing, but I'll let you talk to me anyway, never mind that you have school in the morning and it's closer to midnight than eleven o'clock... But she has a point. Once I die, I'll be mourned for a few weeks, months if I'm lucky, but after that I'll simply be... gone. We'll all just, cease to exist. There will be nothing to keep us fixed in the hearts and minds of others, even the people we love now. How do I know, that in the far, or maybe near, future, that my best friend Emily will still remember me? Will she ever stop and think, when giving cake or sweets to her grandchildren, "Oh my, I wonder what that idiot is doing now? She always was a nutcase..." - Will she even think to pause and perhaps phone me up, only to find out that I have died alone and unloved in a home (I predict a home, because all old people go there nowadays).
And when we're forgotten, what then? Am I going to be floating around somewhere, completely alone? Is there an afterlife (I bloody well hope so, or why aren't I committing every sin there is??), or am I just going to descend into blackness and never wake up. Can you imagine, a continuous dream?? Being stuck, forever, in the same dreamland? For me, that would be amazing, because the scariest dreams I have are about dinosaurs, and that weird girl in secondary school that threatened to kill me. No idea, really.
Dreams are so odd, I'm not really sure what they are, so I'll wiki it now for myself: "Dreams are successions of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep." Well, that makes sense. It's also to do with Rapid-Eye-Movement, too. I can relate to that - I always wake from dreams when the images start to get fuzzy. For example, once, I was flying to Neverland with Peter Pan (classic dream - awesome), and after loads of time learning to fly, and going up and up towards the second star to the right, I was finally there. I was approaching Neverland, when everything started to blur, and I could barely see. I was blinking, and blinking, rubbing my eyes - but it was still blurry. I believe that this is because my eyes were opening. It's annoying, because it happens in the best dreams.
"Lucid dreaming is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming." I have this down. I can do anything in my dreams. Telekinesis, always. Once I was chasing Sasuke Uchiha around my school (everyone was wearing cosplay from the Anime Naruto, and there was a hedge-maze where the astro-turf used to be) and he escaped into the P.E. block. I was about to follow when interrupted by a rather large (fat) P.E. teacher, Mr.P------d. Anyway, this guy was annoying me, so I used telekinesis to rip apart the P.E. block in a bid to find Sasuke. Instead, Mr.P fell into the huge chasm, never to be seen again. But, doesn't this tell you something? I love Naruto, and I hate P.E. Obviously, the market-square in the refectory was irrelevant, but all of my favourite people were there. And thanks to that, I've never forgotten it.
![]() |
| Zhuang Zi, dreaming of a butterfly. Cute. (^_^) |

Oh Aredhel, you curious little creature!
ReplyDelete