Oh, guys! Being employed feels so good! I have recently found out that I am now a Christmas Temp. at Debenhams in Colchester! This is so brilliant; now I can save some serious moneys for university! Well, it defnitely feels awesome to get some work after so much time being let down by other companies.
But yes - I went to the interview day on Tuesday, and they let me know yesterday. The interview was brilliant; really informal and relaxed. I think I wittered on about a load of rubbish, really, but maybe it was the relaxed atmosphere that allowed me to really be myself. :) Besides, it's only from next week until January. But maybe they'll have me back in the holidays during my uni education... Well, let's not jump the gun.
But yes, I thought I'd recount my events for those who want my experience of the Debenhams Assessment Day / One-to-one interview. First of all, I wandered around outside Debenhams for over an hour - as I got a very early bus. (-_-) So, once inside, I simply went up to a lady that worked there (another girl for the same assessment day was there too) and told her what I was doing there. She took me up to the staff café (bumped into an old friend there for the same thing!) and we got chatting and waiting for it to become 10 o'clock. We were taken out, later, and left in a meeting room, where we all introduced ourselves informally. It was a really friendly atmosphere - everyone there for the interview was really nice. Whilst there, we were discussing what we'd researched about the interview process. The whole group observation thing didn't happen to us; we were simply taken our one at a time for an interview. Everyone was very friendly, and they asked us routine questions like "What could you bring to the team?" and then more personal questions like (in my case, I'd mentioned Uni) "Why did you pick that course at Uni?". But once again, they are very friendly, and I felt welcome immediately. A little nervous about starting, but I have three training days to be able to grasp the basic idea of what to do when I'm there. Stuff like accounts and till-training. :D Awesome!!
No comments:
Post a Comment